"this web site" means “http://www.capewindowblinds.co.za/”
"the web site owner" and "we" means “Cape Window Blinds (Pty) Ltd”.
"user" means any person accessing any part of the web site and our social pages
We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website and social pages. Any information collected about you will be used to fulfil any service you might request or to inform you about any new products and services and also to improve how we serve you. Your data will be treated in accordance with relevant South African and local legal provisions. Your information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of “Cape Window Blinds (Pty) Ltd”.
We protect data in strict accordance with the Principles of the South African Data Protection Framework Directives.
Any information that you choose to provide us with about yourself will be held on a secure computer server within South Africa. The server software (SSL) encrypts all the information you supply us.
This ensures, among other things, that data we hold about you are processed lawfully and fairly. We aim to ensure that the personal data stored will be accurate, relevant and in no way excessive.
STATUS AND AMENDMENTS:
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA:
Where personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) is submitted to the site by the user, for example through sending an e-mail or filling in required fields, the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- This web site collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- This web site will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this web site and services offered through it by third parties, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
- This web site will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
- This web site will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the web site is required or permitted to do so by law.
- If information is released with the user's consent this web site will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
- This web site will destroy or delete any personal information under its control which has become obsolete.
Information collected about users through their use of this web site is the property of the web site owner.
The web site owner will retain all ownership of and copyright in any database of users' personal information.
Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this web site may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS DATA:
In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, this web site may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows this web site to collect statistics.
This web site utilises cookies. A cookie is a small file that is placed on the user's hard drive in order to keep a record of a user's interaction with this web site.
Cookies from this web site allow the web site owner to tailor advertising and other services to your displayed preferences. The web site may use third party cookies from an adserver for this purpose.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to personally identify users but will be used to compile anonymised statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of this web site.
If a user does not wish cookies to be employed to customize his or her interaction with this web site it is possible to alter the manner in which their browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this web site may not be available.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED DURING YOUR VISIT TO OUR SITE:
Whenever you browse our website, read pages, or download information, we will automatically record certain information about your visit from the computer you use to access our site.
This information does not identify you personally. It just tells us how many visitors come to our site and the types of computers they use. With this information, we can improve our site for all our visitors and make it more useful to you.
THE INFORMATION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- The date and time you access our site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a 'session' on our site and how long you were on the site.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be your internet service provider or your place of work) and the 'IP' address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access our website.
- The Internet browser you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows 10).
- The site you were on before you linked to our website (if a search engine).
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA:
Where a user believes that personal data concerning them held by the web site owner is outdated or incorrect they may request that such personal data be corrected - please use our contact page for such updates. Any request for such a correction must specify both the incorrect data and the proposed correction and must give full reasons for the request.
Users can request access to any relevant personal data held by the web site owner as laid out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act and where such access is necessary for them to exercise and/or protect any of their rights.
Detailed information and the procedure to follow in making a request for access to personal data is available in the web site owner's Promotion of Access to Information Manual.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES:
While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, this web site can not under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the web site owner or any third party.
Users and/or subscribers are prohibited from releasing their username and/or password to any other person.
We regard the safety and privacy of children using this web site extremely seriously but it remains the ultimate responsibility of the parents and other care-givers of children to ensure that they are not exposed to inappropriate content or behaviour.
DATE OF LAST REVIEW:
18 September 2017
For any further clarity or any information pertaining to the above i.e. queries, questions or enquiries, please do make contact with us via Postal address: ‘Cape Window Blinds (Pty) Ltd’, P.o. Box 26, Century City, 7446
or Email: email@example.com or you may contact us via the ‘contact us’ page on our website.